Another boring day in quarantine, in a long string of them. On tap for today:
- going to physical therapy
- walking out to get my mail
- trying to write (which means staring at my laptop screen for long periods of time. Writing a few sentences. Deleting those sentences. Stare, write, delete, repeat. Until I’m sick of it.
- Making dinner. Chicken tortilla soup.
- Reading. “A Hero’s Journey” by Joseph Cambell.
- A bath in epsom salts and lavender oil. To soothe my back/hip/leg thing
- pick up my kitchen table.
- Watch TV. The Durrells in Corfu
Yesterday Evening, or What actually happened:
- Went for physical therapy
- Came home in pain.
- Made egg salad for lunch
- Sat down on the couch to read after lunch
- Promptly fell asleep for at least 1 ½ hours.
- Read when I woke up but not Joseph Campbell. I like Campbell but can only deal with so much mythology. I can’t remember the name of the book I’m reading. It’s on my Kindle, which is in the bedroom and I don’t want to walk back in there to find out.
- Did not take a bath in Epsom Salts
- Made an easy dinner of coconut shrimp, green beans with almonds and potato salad. No Chicken tortilla soup. Would have had to stand too long.
- Watched 5 or 6 episodes of The Durrells
- Killed flies.
A friend is coming over today for a couple hours. Dan is coming for dinner and to spend the night. And the sun is out. Which all means today won’t be as boring as yesterday. Crazy friggin times for sure.