Lots of Company

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks with family and old friends. First my friends from CT, with whom I’ve been friends for 28 years, since we met when our kids attended story hour at the library when they were 2. It was wonderful to see them, and spend time with them. I hadn’t seen them for maybe 4 or 5 years. They were here for 3 or 4 days. Their oldest daughter and Bruce were born 3 hours apart. And their daughter just told us she’s pregnant, due in October. So wonderful

Then, not quite a week later my younger sis came for a week. We went to breakfast the first morning then headed to our older sisters. Older sis has just moved into a beautiful new house, and is the hostess with the mostest. We got some beach time in, and we got to go to the beach market that takes place twice a week on Coquina Beach on Anna Maria Island. Coquina is, in my humble opinion, one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, if not the world.

We came back after 5 days, and two other friends from CT came for a couple of days. This couple holds such a special place in my heart. They did sound healings twice a month, at least, and I attended almost all of them for about a decade. They taught me everything I know about it. It is/was such a huge part of my life, and led to Dan and I doing sound healings on the beach. But even more important, or at least equally, is the friendship we developed over that decade. I have missed them, and it was just so wonderful to reconnect.

Yesterday everyone went home. By the time they left my leg, hip and back were killing me. We walked a couple miles every day. By the end of the day, I was just looking for a chair or something to sit it, to relieve it. I’m planning to call my dr and ask her to get a few more weeks of physical therapy. Last night I had a very upset stomach. I was going to eat leftovers for dinner from our brunch in the morning but just couldn’t get it down. I slept ok, but not long enough, and as soon as I got up, the stomach started up again. I was supposed to go to a dr appointment this afternoon, which I canceled and rescheduled. I was supposed to go to Dan’s because I haven’t seen much of him for a couple weeks, except when he joined us for dinner.

I have to believe that it was the stress of having so much company in a short time, and perhaps too soon after all the issues I’ve had. And of course it followed being in CO for a month. I spent today in the recliner, trying to rest my leg and hip and not use it for a day, and watched TV. I had a massive headache since I had no coffee today. And I miss my family, and my friends, today felt lonely, too quiet, but I need a break, back to my real life.

Sunday is my writers group meeting, and one of the members has written a short play, a comedic version of MacBeth she calls The Wyrd Sisters. It will be performed, and we’ll have a great time.

A return to normalcy. Now if I can just convince my body. Love and light to everyone.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.