The word for this week’s SoCS prompt is “point”.
The point of his words hit the ground like a sword, piercing the crowd and scattering chaos in all directions. That was the point, you know, to scatter chaos. A woman I know has a sign above her door that says “Scatter kindness.” He needs one that says “Scatter chaos” because that is surely his point.
He pumps people up in the wrong direction all the time, every day, every word. It’s not that he incites people to do evil aggressively. No. He passive-aggressively gives his approval over and over again for people to be their worst selves: to treat their neighbors unkindly, to demand that they watch out for themselves and don’t give a whit for humanity. He separates and thrives on that separation. Where connection exists, he tries to break it down. Where evil exists, he encourages it to grow. That’s his point.
We all get his point. What I hope is that most of us get it, and rail against it. I hope people’s egos refuse to be taken in by the ugliness of his words and deeds. We shall see, shortly. I am hopeful, but tentative.
The point we can make is so much greater this time. We can make a change, we can begin to undo his damage. We can begin to repair the fabric that he tears so thoughtlessly, the fabric of thousands of souls trying to evolve. We can weave it around him, on all sides, until he is encompassed, until his arms and legs are bound by the love of the universe and the thousands that want to reconnect with each other. And we will, one day we will.
Please vote by Tuesday. That’s the point I’m making. It’s never mattered more.
Stream of Consciousness Saturday is hosted by Linda G. Hill on her site Lindaghill.com. If you’d like to join here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!