My sister and brother-in-law put in an offer on the house yesterday. Someone else had come in with an offer contingent on financing, so we needed to get our cash offer in. I’m pretty sure they will take the cash offer, though they may counter. I’m prepared for that. I should find out this weekend, maybe even today!
I’m so excited about this, though trying to hold back a little. It will require a home inspection, which hopefully will take place next week. They could find something that’s big and hidden, but I’m hopeful not. The seller says it was inspected when the remodeling was done.
If it goes through, it will so simplify my move to have a place waiting for me. I won’t have to store my stuff and rent a place in Florida while I look for a house. I’ll be able to move it right in. I can even go down there before hand, and start getting things in place, measuring to know exactly what I can bring from my house in Connecticut, what I have to sell off or give away.
I can’t believe how lucky I am to have a sister and brother-in-law who would loan me the money, that much money…. I keep pinching myself. Really. I’m almost giddy, but I’m reserving that for acceptance of our offer, and a good inspection.
My focus here needs to be on getting this house ready to sell. That has begun in earnest, I’ll get even more into it this weekend and next. I keep asking that it sells easily and quickly. That’s the intention I’m setting.
It’s supposed to snow here Sunday. It was in the 60’s for the last few days, and now a return to winter with a major nor’easter on Sunday afternoon and Monday, up to a foot of snow. My son and I are so disgusted, and I’m sure we’re not the only ones. I am so ready for shorts and flip-flops, lol. I’m praying they change the forecast.
Lots of exciting things going on. Big changes, welcome changes. Facing forward, always.
You must be logged in to post a comment.